Aspiration is seeking a full-time Accounting and Operations Manager to support the Assistant Director in financial administration, basic accounting, office management, and other administrative tasks.
We are seeking a highly organized individual who embraces new challenges, works hard yet considers “fun” a core workplace value, and embraces Aspiration's mission of providing technology resources and skills for nonprofits and activists working for social justice.
The Accounting and Operations Manager at Aspiration will support operations at the organization and the San Francisco Nonprofit Technology Center. Duties include:
- Financial and accounting tasks, such as processing bank deposits, processing expense reports, creating and sending invoices, entering all transactions into QuickBooks, and providing our external accounting and audit team with pertinent documents and information;
- Office management of the San Francisco Nonprofit Technology Center, including assisting with booking meeting space, submitting maintenance requests, helping keep the office tidy, watering plants, and tracking inventory and reordering supplies when needed;
- Occasional event planning support, such as researching venues and caterers, setting up event registration pages, booking travel for participants, and maintaining participant lists with up-to-date information; and
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Have working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing platforms
- Demonstrate ability to frequently self manage or work with minimal supervision
- Possess flexibility and willingness to re-prioritize tasks due to changing circumstances
- Have experience working with QuickBooks or other accounting software
The following qualifications are desirable, but not required:
- Experience with open source platforms, such as LibreOffice, Thunderbird, and Linux
- Experience working in nonprofit office environments
This position is for an exempt full-time employee, 40 hours per week, at $60,000-64,000 per year. Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, and ten paid holidays after completing a 90-day probationary period. Employees who complete at least one year and 1,000 hours of service are eligible to participate in the Aspiration 401(k) retirement plan, including an employer match of employee contributions up to 4% of the employee's salary.
Aspiration is an equal opportunity employer. All employment and promotion decisions are made without regard to race; color; sex; religion; age; national origin or ancestry; marital status; disability or handicap; mental disability or medical condition (including cancer, HIV/AIDS, and genetic characteristics); pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; veteran status; parental status; citizenship status; genetic predisposition or carrier status; status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking, or sex offenses; personal appearance (including height and weight); sexual orientation; gender identity, expression, or appearance; or any other basis prohibited by U.S., state, or local law. People of color, people with disabilities, women, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other historically disadvantaged groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Please send a detailed résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
In your letter, please address the following:
What draws you to working at Aspiration?
What specifically draws you to the position?
What relevant skills do you have that align with our requirements?
Why do you think you would excel in this position?
Deadline to apply
October 4, 2019
Aspiration's mission is to connect nonprofit organizations, foundations and activists with software solutions and technology skills that help them better carry out their missions. We want those working for social justice to be able to find and use the best software available, so that they maximize their effectiveness and impact and, in turn, change the world.
Questions about this position? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.