HumTechFest is for those who have ever wanted to know about, or work on, disaster and humanitarian response technology from a people-first perspective. Our second #HumTechFest took place on June 4th and 5th in Cambridge, MA as a participatory and community-driven convening designed for field practitioners, media makers and storytellers, technology developers, information security practitioners, members of affected populations, researchers, and everyone in between.
Those who could not make it to the East Coast were encouged to join us for a West Coast meetup on similar topics Thursday June 16th from 6p to 9p.
Agenda and Sessions
The agenda was co-developed with participants, facilitators, and partners in the time leading up and during the event.
We' tried to build capacity for humanitarian aid and disaster response efforts through technology and community. This event happened the weekend before the related but different Humanitarian Technology Conference.
Topic areas which were likely to be on the agenda included...
- Existing Response Technology Projects
- Situational Awareness
- Responsible Data Lifecycles
- Easier After-Action Reports
- Self-Care for Organizers
- Participant-Led Sessions: More than half of the agenda were built by participants before and during the event, covering topics, tools, themes and issues proposed by those present.
- Learning by Making: Hands-on workshops for sharing essential technology skills.
Let us know what should be on the agenda and how we can make this event more relevant and valuable for you!