Activist Tech Teach-In
Learn how use online tools in sustainable ways to support social change
Are you a social justice activist or campaigning organization wanting to make more effective use of tech and the internet?
The Ruckus Society and Aspiration are hosting a free, all-day teach-in to show activists how to use technology on their own terms, in ways that mobilize stakeholders and increase impact.
The format of the event will be highly interactive and question-driven, with participants collaborating in small groups.
The learning will be hands-on, and topics to be covered include:
- How do I publish a web site for my campaign or organization for free or cheap?
- How can I set up my own domain name?
- How can I use social media to support campaigns and advocacy?
- How can I write a good email campaign message and send to thousands of folks?
- What should I know about security and privacy? What is safe online?
- How can I track where my campaign and issues are being mentioned online?
- How can I use the web to mobilize people to support my campaign?
Additional topics will be added in response to participant requests. Let us know what you want to learn, and we'll try to supply the same!
If you have a laptop, bring it. If you don't, we'll have plenty on hand to share.
Our goal is to empower you on tech so you can focus on your social justice passions and priorities. Please join us!
Shuttles will be available from 12th St BART in Oakland. Please RSVP for shuttle service.
Free, and lunch will be provided
For more info: