A diverse mix of campaigning orgs and activist groups came together October 24-27, 2016 near Barcelona, Spain for CampaignCon, a skillshare on next-generation campaigning. We'll grow networks and build capacity through peer learning, and develop strategies to mobilize people-powered movements.
Aspiration co-organized CampaignCon with Mobilisation Lab at Greenpeace, Oxfam, ActionAid, Civicus, Purpose, Rhize, and Save the Children.
Participants shared expertise and built network strength and capacity among global campaigns, regional and national NGOs. The event provided a space to compare and co-develop campaign strategies, skills, tools and tactics. Together, we worked to:
- Strengthen our campaigning network
- Develop leadership
- Plan campaigns and provide feedback
- Raise the bar so we win bigger
Who was CampaignCon for?
Participants ranged across and/or work in many disciplines: digital, design, fundraising, communications, mobilisation, volunteer organising, data/info management, digital and operational security, and more. Participants included:
- Organisers, activists and leaders working at the intersection of advocacy, social change, public policy and campaigning.
- Campaigners willing to contribute and share experiences as much as learn from others.
- Anyone thinking about the potential of people + technology to scale social change.