The following is the draft list sessions for the California Nonprofit Technology Festival in Sacramento.
Sessions will change and morph all the way up to the event. Additional sessions are being added as we engage participants and learn more about needs and interests.
We encourage registered participants to suggest and request additional sessions, which we are happy to work to deliver.
So far, here are the topics requested during pre-event phone calls.
- Social Media Campaigning
- Website Development and Design
- Community Organizing and Technology: Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- Community Mapping Projects and Tools
- Storytelling and Media Production
- Online Privacy and Security
- Project Management Processes and Tools
- Building Email Newsletters and HTML
- Using SMS and Text for Engagement
Online Strategy and Communications
- Planning your online messaging: How to sustain a compelling narrative
- Coordinating your online channels so the whole is greater than the sum of the parts
- Designing effective email newsletters: How to send messages that get attention
- Intro to Listening Tools: Tracking Where Your Organization and Your Issues are Discussed Online
- Introduction to Web Analytics: Who is visiting your site, what are they looking at ,and why?
- How to design (or redesign) a nonprofit web site
- Which Content Management System (CMS) should I use?
- Introduction to WordPress: A hands-on Session
- Wordpress support circle
- What do I need to know about “mobile”?
- What makes sense to do “in the cloud”?
- Can Texting and SMS help to engage the community?
- What tools and skills are available for online mapping projects?
- Introduction to Nonprofit CRM (Constituent Relationship Management, aka “Nonprofit Database”)
- Establishing and maintaining your organization’s online identity
- How to keep track of all the data your org depends on
- Working effectively with nonprofit “techies”
- How to write an RFP (Request for Proposal)