Is your social justice campaign ‘data-ready’? Almost everything connected to social justice is a data project in one form or another. This workshop facilitated by Dirk Slater of FabRiders offered practical knowledge about utilizing data in a variety of campaigning contexts. Participants gained a better understanding of how to get data, how to turn it into useful evidence, and how to make it accessible and interactive.
Where: 2973 16th Street @ San Francisco Nonprofit Technology Center
Activists and advocates working on social justice learned how to:
- Build a data strategy using a framework to identify and analyze your tactics
- Influence key stakeholders and motivate them using data
- Increase impact through data packaging techniques, such as infographics
- How to identify appropriate data sources,
- Responsible data collection, use and storage.