We are thrilled to announce our second annual Digital Policy Leadership Summit, which will take place 6-7 March, 2024 in Brussels, Belgium! We welcome all those interested to request to participate.
The Summit will be a two-day community event focused on supporting emerging policy leaders. The event will bring together experienced policy practitioners with those seeking to deepen and improve their skills and knowledge.
The Summit will be structured around peer knowledge sharing, relationship building and skills development as we seek to welcome in new voices and both broaden and deepen the community of practitioners working on digital policy issues in the European context. We will employ Aspiration’s interactive and participatory approach to convenings, and the final agenda will be developed in collaboration with participants.
The Summit will explore a range of policy and leadership-relevant skills, strategies and topics, including:
- Crafting a positive vision for what the future of the policy ecosystem and policy leaders could and should look like;
- Exploration of "leadership", and how intersectional perspectives such as feminism, social and racial justice analyses challenge the idea of the “typical” Brussels technocrat;
- Building strategies to increase the impact of our collective efforts for human rights, racial, climate, and social justice;
- Exchanging best practices and learnings for sustainability and wellness, growth and career development;
- Exploring essential policy skills, including building and refining narrative, nurturing networks, confidently navigating the EU legislative maze, power analysis and mapping, and refining negotiation.
- Deep dives on policy issues for 2024: what to expect and how to prepare for elections in EU and globally; effectively implementing the DSA and DMA; challenges and opportunities of AI; advancing climate justice; and more.
Interested in attending the Digital Policy Leadership Summit?
The Summit is an opportunity to engage in a dynamic exchange of ideas, build meaningful connections, and contribute to shaping the future of digital policy leadership in the European context and beyond. Whether you are:
- New to or aspire to be in a digital policy role;
- Identifying with a frontline community or network directly impacted by digital policy decisionmaking in Europe and globally;
- Active in an adjacent field and want to learn more about digital policy; or
- A seasoned digital policy practitioner looking to support emerging leaders
We invite you to let us know if you want to participate!
Please keep in mind that space is limited, and while we strive to include as many participants as possible, we may not be able to accommodate everyone.
How to request participation
You can request to participate by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- Geographic region(s) where you are based and/or work from
- Any organisation or project name with which you are affiliated, if any
- Your role or title in your organisation or project
- Please feel free to share anything about yourself, your background, how you identify, or your passions and motivations
- What is your ideal outcome and/or what specific goals would you have in joining a policy leadership Summit?
Requests will be handled on a rolling basis, and we will do our best to respond in a timely fashion.