Help Us Test the Social Source Commons!
Would you care to help Aspiration create a tool that helps you do your job better? We are implementing the Social Source Commons (SSC), a platform which will support mapping and documenting the landscape of software tools available for NPO/NGO (nonprofit and non-governmental organization) use. We're focusing on empowering eRiders and NPO/NGO technologists, and have based the design on sites that inspire us with their collaborative editability, democratic categorization schemes, and ease of use, such as flickr.com, wikipedia.org, and del.icio.us.
Please take a look for yourself at socialsourcecommons.org!
With SSC, you can:
- Build a personal "toolbox" of software that you use or track
- Receive RSS notifications when new information is available about tools in your toolbox
- Collaboratively edit information about each software tool, in the Wikipedia.org spirit
- "Tag" tools in your toolbox with relevant keywords in order to better manage your tools
- View/browse software tools by tags, both within your toolbox and across the system
- Search for tools by keyword, popularity and recent updates
- Browse other users in the community, and see who else is using and tracking the same tools as you
- Manage a list of "contacts" in order to remember users whose toolboxes or activity prove interesting
We encourage you to explore for yourself at socialsourcecommons.org!
If you are interested in learning more about platform or have questions, please send email to email@example.com.