NeighborWorks Nonprofit Managers Workshop
We had a great time with NeighborWorks America on April 18, 2012. They invited us to facilitate a training session for 35 nonprofit managers to explore their social media presence.
The goals of the training include:
- Provide an introduction to social media tools and their appropriate uses
- Explore the importance of social media in reaching online audiences
- Expose participants to sample social media policies
- Demonstrate a process framework for planning and coordinating social media and maintaining online presence
- Increase participants’ knowledge of and confidence in their ability to integrate internet tools and new media technology into their existing programmatic work
The following are materials for the training:
Introduction To Social Media for Nonprofits
Social Media Policy
Social Media Policy Resources
- Social Networking Policy Template
- Social Media Policy Wiki Space
- Beth Kanter on Social Media Policy
- Idealware Nonprofit Social Media Policy Workbook
- American Red Cross Social Media Policy
Coordinating Your Organization’s Cnline Channels
Social Media Resources
- Beth Kanter:bethkanter.org
- Idealware: idealware.org
- Nonprofit Technology Network:nten.org
- Social Source Commons: blog.socialsourcecommons.org
These materials are distributed under a Creative Commons license, and we encourage re-use, modification, and re-distribution in any situation where they may be useful.
Join the California eAdvocacy Discuss List; an email list for those doing online advocacy. A space to collaborate, ask questions, discuss online strategy and connect with others.
Do you have a question in applying these learnings? Email email@example.com and we’d be happy to help.