ZeroDivide Strategic eAdvocacy Trainings, Spring 2008
PLEASE NOTE: Trainings in San Francisco and Los Angeles are now fully enrolled. New registrants in those cities will be placed on the waiting list and notified the week of the trainings.
Aspiration and Radical Designs invite members of the ZeroDivide network in California to participate in our upcoming one-day trainings on “eAdvocacy: Basics, Best Practices and New Tools.” Trainings will be offered in Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco in June 2008.
This training is being offered to help members of the ZeroDivide community learn how to use email and the internet more effectively for advocacy, while also raising awareness about emerging technologies.
ZeroDivide has funded Aspiration to develop and deliver these one-day trainings, which will cover the following major topic areas:
Best Practices in Online Campaign Design: The first portion of the training will address the essentials of online campaign success. Key topics in this discussion will include:
- Online Campaign design: Framing your efforts, with a focus on audience definition and online campaign goals
- Online Campaign calendaring: Planning out time lines for communications and related milestones
- Email best practices: how to effectively establish, build and sustain mailing lists with your online audiences, and how to write effective campaign messages
- Measuring impact: Using email open rates, web site traffic and other indicators to understand successes and areas for improvement in online communications
Using New Web Tools to Extend Your Reach: The second part of the training will consider how emerging technologies such as blogs and social networks can support and augment core online and email advocacy efforts. Key topics in this discussion will include:
- Blogging essentials: Basic and strategic skills and tactics for effective blogging.
- Introduction to social networks: Overview of how Facebook, Myspace, Change.org and other sites can play a role in campaigning and advocacy.
- Sustainable innovation: How to experiment and adopt new technologies while minimizing risk and distraction from core campaign efforts, and retaining control over essential data.
Overall, the trainings will utilize a participant-driven dialog format that prioritizes answering questions and addressing the real-world situations of participating organizations. We encourage all participants arrive ready to actively contribute and drive the dialog towards their own needs and interests.
The trainings will take place from 10:00am to 5:00pm on the following days:
- Los Angeles: Tuesday, June 17th
- San Diego: Wednesday, June 18th
- San Francisco Bay Area: Friday, June 20th
Space in all these trainings is limited to 15 participants in each city, so if you’d like to attend, please register as early as possible.
Additional information about this training, including how to prepare for it, and suggestions about what to bring, will be forwarded to you once you register.
If you have any questions about the training, please don't hesitate to contact Mike Roman at Aspiration, (415) 839-6456, who will be managing registration and logistics for the training.