Our 19th annual Nonprofit Software Development Summit will take place 16-18 November, 2022.
We talk much less about software development that the event name might suggest, and much more about how digital technology can equitably, appropriately and accountably empower social, racial, and climate justice movements.
Our collaborative annual gathering includes everyone from grassroots activists to software developers, bringing together participants from around the world to share knowledge, build relationships, and collectively envision the future of free and open technology to support social change.
Register today to join us in November!
If you plan to attend, please note the COVID Protocols section below.
Also, for those not able to join us in person, or just wanting more Dev Summit Fun, join us for the Virtual Dev Summit Session, Thursday 10 November 2022 online!
Co-create the agenda
The agenda will be a diverse collection of discussions and interactive sessions developed in collaboration with participants. We will employ our interactive and participatory approach to convenings, and work to specifically address the outcomes highlighted as most useful and relevant to those in attendance.
We invite everyone participating to bring your stories, ideas, questions, and knowledge to share.
You can check out the 2021 agenda and session notes from our most recent Dev Summit, all co-created with participants.
Want to know how to stay involved in the meantime?
- Join the low volume Nonprofit Software Development Discussion List to participate in nonprofit and activist tech conversations and get notified of important event announcements year-round.
- You can also browse the agenda and session notes from almost 2 decades of Dev Summits on our Dev Summit wiki.
Help us co-create safe and accessible spaces
We invite you to check out our Participation Guidelines and Event Expectations for sharing and exploration at Aspiration events. All participants are expected to help create the most inclusive and safe space possible by honoring the Participant Guidelines.
We strive to host accessible events that maximize the opportunity of all individuals to participate and engage wholly in all spaces and activities, in full respect of cultural and linguistic identities, care needs, and abilities.
For inquiries about accessibility or accommodation requests, please get in touch with us. Feel free to email us or give us a call at 415-839-6456.
We welcome suggestions and ideas for how we can create even more inclusive and accessible spaces at our Aspiration events. Share your thoughts with us.
COVID Protocols to be Observed at Dev Summit 2022
Dev Summit '22 COVID protocols are still under development, but we anticipate the following will be observed in order to maximize the health and safety of all participants:
- Requiring vaccination
- Requesting/expecting masks to be worn indoors at all times when not eating/drinking
- Most likely asking folks to self-test each day (we'll provide tests for anyone who needs)
- Providing a visual mechanism so folks can convey level of comfort with interaction with others (i.e. ability to convey that you appreciate distance/ or alternately don't care about the same)
- Maximizing outdoor sessions as the weather permits.
- Other protocols/safety mechanisms to be identified in collaboration with participants.
We welcome suggestions and ideas for how we can further enhance health and safety at the event. Share your thoughts with us.
Reach out to us if you want to connect or have any questions about attending.
We look forward to seeing you in November!