Join us for a one day training event for Bay Area nonprofits and social justice organizations, hosted at the Google offices in Mountain View, California!
This is a great opportunity to work with three different organizations—Community Technology Network, Aspiration, and Google—offering support to empower you with tech skills so you can magnify your social justice passions and priorities. View the training materials here.
During this 1 day event, nonprofit staff will have the opportunity to:
- better understand how to assess and engage their online audiences
- coordinate various online channels including web, email and social media
- work with volunteers from Google
The training is targeted at grassroots nonprofit organizations focused on social change.
The workshops will be highly interactive, following a question-driven format and employing hands-on exercises. Participants will be encouraged to bring their real-world needs and challenges to the discussion.
The day includes morning and afternoon sessions filled with small group workshops, one-on-one Google mentoring training sessions, and a chance to meet other nonprofit leaders.
Aspiration will hold small group seminars focusing on online communications for grassroots nonprofits. The learning will be hands-on, and topics may include:
- How can I write a good email message and send to thousands of folks?
- How can I track where my nonprofit and issues are being mentioned online?
- How can I use social media to support campaigns and advocacy?
- How can I better organize my online communications?
- What should I know about security and privacy? What is safe online?
Additional topics will be added in response to participant requests. Let us know what you want to learn, and we’ll try to supply the same!
Community Technology Network is coordinating one-on-one opportunities for nonprofit staff to work with volunteers from Google.
Google Mentoring topics may include:
- Google Analytics
- Google Adwords
- Google Sites
- Google Docs
- Advanced Internet Search
- Social Media
Bring your questions and stories for a fun, collaborative day designed to meet your specific nonprofit technology needs.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
9 am - 5 pm
Google West Campus 1
2350 Bayshore Pkwy
Mountain View, CA 94043
Lunch and drinks will be served. We strongly encourage attendees to bring a laptop, however, it is not required.