Outreach Guide: CA Nonprofit Technology Festival
California Nonprofit Technology Festival in Richmond, September 25-26.
We're grateful for your help in getting the word out about CA Tech Fest Richmond. To facilitate, we put together this guide with sample language, social posts, and links to content. Please feel free to edit, remix, and spread the word to friends and allies. This guide is also availible as a PDF.
Table of contents
- Sharable (long) description for emails, websites, letters, etc
- Social media (short) posts for Twitter, Facebook, etc
- Links to video, blogs, pictures
- Tips for communications during and after the event
Thursday & Friday, Sept. 25-26, 2014
East Bay Center for the Performing Arts
Sharable description for emails, websites, letters, etc
"We're excited to join the California Nonprofit Technology Festival in Richmond, California on September 25-26. The CA Tech Fest is a two-day gathering of over 100 folks from California and abroad who are passionate about leveraging technology and creative media for social justice, and we'd love to have your presence at the convening.
"The CA Nonprofit Technology Festival attracts nonprofit staff, organizers, media makers, educators, and technologists that are passionate about advancing social change. The convening is envisioned as a safe and collaborative space for us to voice our thoughts, engage in critical dialogue, and build genuine connections. Through small group discussions and workshops, we seek to build capacity to advance social change efforts across the state.
"We anticipate topics ranging from social media strategy, constituent engagement, digital privacy and security, media advocacy, and even self-care for organizers. The final agenda and topics are set collaboratively on the first morning of #CATechFest, after taking into account the needs and desires of the people in the room. Anyone and everyone is welcomed to facilitate a session if they have an outcome in mind. If you're interested, get in touch with us or Aspiration and we'll try to make it happen.
"We encourage you to join us at CA Tech Fest, hosted for the first time in the unique community of Richmond, California. It will be a space where everyone is welcome to share their story, foster an ethic of listening, and leave with connections to a passionate and growing community.
Social media sharing and short links
Bitly short links:
Event page: j.mp/CatfRichmond
Event invitation: j.mp/CATechFestInvite
Social Media Posts:
- #SFBayArea activists & #nonprofits- join #CATechFest Richmond 9/25-26 to learn about using tech in social justice: j.mp/CatfRichmond
- Bringing #CATechFest to the Bay! Grow community & learn about using tech & media in social justice: j.mp/CatfRichmond
- Partnering with @AspirationTech to build social justice capacity at #CATechFest Richmond in Sept. Come join! j.mp/CAtfRichmond
- Movimientos Sociales de CA: Vengan a Richmond 25-26 sept. para aprender como usar tecnologia en justicia social: j.mp/CAtfRichmond
- Aspiration's #CATechFest numero cinco is coming up! Connect with people who share your passion and walk away with concrete tech skills: j.mp/CAtfRichmond
Links to video, photos, blogs, and logos
[Video] Made during a session at CA Tech Fest Los Angeles
[Photos] Albums from prior CA Tech Fests
[Blog] Critical reflection by our friend at Healthy Richmond
[Blog] Q & A with some participants
[Blog] Reflection by a first-timer
[Blog] Spanish-language reflection by our Costa Rican ally
[Logo] CA Tech Fest Banner
Join the online conversation by tweeting with hashtag #CATechFest.
Twitter handles for other folks expected to be in attendance:
If you or someone you know wants to be added to the #CATechFest Twitter list, tweet to @aspirationtech asking to be added!
- Current Twitter list: https://twitter.com/aspirationtech/catechfest/members
- Tag your photos with #CATechFest on Instagram, Twitter, Flickr.
- Live notes will be captured in a crowd-sourced wiki page which will be set up closer to the event.
- Share links to your notes as they are posted on the wiki!
- Scroll through #CATechFest Twitter feed and retweet things you missed.
- Tag your stray pictures on social media.
- Contribute your stray notes to the event wiki.
- We'll send a participant list a few weeks after the event so that you can connect with people individually!
Special thanks to Mozilla and #MakerParty folks for inspiring this guide's layout and content.